Blaze at Horsham shop sparks warning from firefighters

A fire in a Horsham town centre shop has sparked a new warning from firefighters.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service is urging businesses to consider how they store and use lithium-ion batteries in the workplace to reduce safety risks.

It follows a blaze at mobile phone repair shop Phone Doctor in West StreetHorsham, on October 4.

Emergency crews from Billingshurst, Crawley and Horsham rushed to the scene and quickly extinguished the fire after finding smoke issuing from both the ground floor and first floor of the premises.