POTOMAC, Md. (7News) — A house fire in Potomac, Md. that left three adults and two pets displaced Saturday night was likely caused by lithium battery cells or other electrical equipment, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue officials.
Crews said they responded to the 12000 block of Coldstream Drive around 7:15 p.m. where they saw fire coming from the basement of a two-story house.
Lithium battery cells were involved in causing the fire “to some degree,” according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer.