Seven displaced after lithium battery fire burns Hanover apartment building

At least seven people were displaced after a fire caused by an electric bike burned a downtown Hanover apartment Monday morning, officials said.

Firefighters were called to the fire on the 100 block of Broadway in Hanover Borough around 6:29 a.m. on Monday, June 17, for a report of an apartment fire, according to York County 911 records.

When units arrived, they found fire showing from the front window of a three-unit apartment building, said Hanover Area Fire & Rescue chief Tony Clousher.