35 residents evacuated after charging e-bike battery catches fire in Lavender flat Singapore

SINGAPORE – Some 35 people evacuated from a Housing Board block in the Lavender area after a fire, believed to be caused by a charging e-bike battery, broke out in a flat on Dec 11.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the blaze at Block 463 Crawford Lane at about 11.50pm.

Firefighters from Kallang Fire Station arrived to see black smoke billowing out of a unit on the 15th floor, said the SCDF in its Facebook post on Dec 12.